BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive had it for years, i run it as a effects light. It runs on a program the simulates the natural day. Its been there since the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would go back to how you had the lighting and see if things improve.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

At 100%?? I feel like the plants might dissolve lol!

Some are some are not. Ive never had much issues with pogo or the purple cabomba.

Yeah, that should give me about 80-90 PAR, this is typically where ive had it. I had it down to 40-25% the last 2 weeks and saw no improvement. Looking back at my notes i was using the spring water mixed with RO back in march and the tank did well (still had some melting). But overall plant health was better.

Made some changes, reactor now tilted at 20deg, did a leak test in the pool(no leaks), got the drop checkers to a light green but cant seem to hit a yellow yet. Starting to think i had a false reading from the co2 mist rising into the drop checkers.

I found your problem. Your reactor is off by a degree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found your problem. Your reactor is off by a degree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While the sarcasm is a bit much for your presence in this thread.. i do agree that b is over thinking this.
I may have to bow out here bro but it's the freaking water.. the water it be.. no question in my mind. I can be sarcastic;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There's something in the water........ (Carrie underwood) LOL

I think if i tilt the reactor to 19.45 degrees it will fix everything. LOL

Ill pump some city water in tuesday and see what happens... As frustrating as this has been, WHEN i get it right I have learned so much about this hobby through all my struggles, tankin should be pretty smooth....

Just looked up the water report for our families vacation house, that is on city water. Looks promising, pH 7.3-7.5, GH 105-153ppm or (about 6-8dGH), KH 25-40ppm (1-2dKH), TDS 170-240.

Just looked up the water report for our families vacation house, that is on city water. Looks promising, pH 7.3-7.5, GH 105-153ppm or (about 6-8dGH), KH 25-40ppm (1-2dKH), TDS 170-240.

Great! Try that and if your tank starts to look better, your problem will be solved! Fingers crossed for you

Alright guys, 10 gal of city water got put in the tank today, light increased to about 60% and no micro's. Its a shame that I am not on city water because it was pretty good, pH 7.3-7.4, KH 6 GH 12. A little on the hard side but the carbonate hardness is lower. Next water change I will use 5 gal of city water, and 5 gallons of RO/DI water that does not go through the softener.

Did you listen real closely for the sounds of your plants weeping tears of joy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Why no micros??

Makes no sense to me limiting your plants in that way.

Good news about the city water

The input from other forum was a micro-toxicity. If I remove micros and get stunting from other plants I know i need more micros and we can cross that off the list.

The input from other forum was a micro-toxicity. If I remove micros and get stunting from other plants I know i need more micros and we can cross that off the list.

Your changing too many variables all at once to be able to cross anything of a list

If anyone is interested in some conclusions from my substrate experiment, please look at this thread. The Substrate Experiment

I am getting some better growth from the tank. I have a few tips stunt and one stem of rotala was completely clear but the overall the new growth looks pretty good. I will stay the course and see what happens.
img_3232039_0_bac99c03e7c214e4e35e517b12f849f2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3232039_1_3893e56f44a03425d996e7cab0646b30.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom