Bert’s Ada gardens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1 or 3. I think 1 would give you more options for plant arrangement.

Bert I have to admire your passion. Looking forward to this one.

1 or 3. I think 1 would give you more options for plant arrangement.

Bert I have to admire your passion. Looking forward to this one.

Thanks bud [emoji106] I’m going more into the scape side rather than hoarding plants, easy growers and a lot of moss etc. after 2 years I’ve had enough of fast growing stems lol [emoji23]

Hardest part is going to be working out what looks best where etc. I want to keep it to a minimum and not have to much variety or it will look to busy

Pretty keen to enter a few contests too like AGA etc [emoji16] bit of a dream of mine

So you are transitioning from farmer to artist/designer. Maybe you can get an entry into IALPC 2018. Deadline is May 31st. That would be something.

So you are transitioning from farmer to artist/designer. Maybe you can get an entry into IALPC 2018. Deadline is May 31st. That would be something.

Haha exactly! Yea well the tank should be up and running in 8-10 weeks so depending on the growth I might just squeeze in [emoji16] would be cool to have my work on display [emoji16][emoji7]

Always love getting parcels! Where did you get CO2 splitter from in the end?

Just ended up getting one from eBay, I read on Facebook that a few people had used them and they worked fine so I got it [emoji106] basically runs off the existing solenoid [emoji106]

Done well to get sizing correct. I remember that was a headache for me.

It may be wrong yet haha [emoji23] I haven’t hooked it up, I can always get an adaptor for it tho [emoji106]

You would think it (the splitter) would go where the needle valve assembly is currently situated.

Yea that’s what I’m thinking, I’m still 6-8 weeks off needing to use it so I’ll deal with it then, hopefully start the cabinet this weekend [emoji16]

Can you post a side view shot?
Is that spider wood? What type of rock is that? The texture looks natural and very inviting for creeping roots.
Nice balance.

Can you post a side view shot?
Is that spider wood? What type of rock is that? The texture looks natural and very inviting for creeping roots.
Nice balance.

It was sold to me as “vine wood” but I’m guessing it’s either spider wood or gold vine.

The rock is purple lava rock [emoji16] I’ve had it sitting around for ages and thought it would go well with the wood [emoji106]

front on and this angle will be the only view points when it’s setup.

also need a suggestion for background colour? I’m thinking either fogged or straight white? I think black would take away from the rocks.

Side view
https://i.loli.net/2018/01/31/5a7129b1cc8b3.jpg

Edit: please note the dark stick at the very top of the driftwood is actually another piece in a bucket behind lol didn’t realise it was in the picture! [emoji23]

Wild how the roots fit the rocks. Looks awesome. Diffused background would be good. It would all disappear on black.

Wild how the roots fit the rocks. Looks awesome. Diffused background would be good. It would all disappear on black.

Thanks T [emoji16] by diffused you mean fogged or frosted right? Just making sure [emoji23]

I have one on my 20Long Nursery tank. It was just the diffused white a while back. IMG_1517368357.078441.jpg

But then I added a black sheet behind the white diffuser. IMG_2944.jpg

So it isn’t as dark as full on black.

Last edited:
I’ll check back in mid-March.
That will give you plenty of time for a plant list and planting scheme.
That black lava rock is very earthy looking. You could probably get Monte Carlo to grow directly on it.

Back
Top Bottom