Best Aquarium plants??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

efeeley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was just wondering who makes the most realistic plastic plants?I have a 180 gal with oscars and want to heavily weight down the plants ,which leads to next question,what is the best way to weight down the plants (some sort of nontoxic cement)??

As for who makes the most realistic plants, i dont know. But you could try what i did with my driftwood. I had a piece of drift wood that wouldnt sink so i got some clear fishing line and tied a rock to the underside of the driftwood with it, then just buried the rock. It worked pretty well. I guess you could try the same thing on a smaller scale with your plants.

All of the silk ones used to apear more lifelike then the plastic.. But I havn't seen truly lifelike atificials to be honest.

I'd look into java fern and anubias: these can be anchored to tank decor via their roots, so you don't have to worry about them being dug up. Never heard of a fish that'd eat java fern, either.

Other options is if you have driftwood that sinks, you could drill tiny holes in it where you want plants to be, and clip the base off the plant and silicone it into the driftwood. I've even seen the same done with slate, where you can just bury the slate under the gravel, and the plant won't go anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom