Best Canister Filter for DIY CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocketfu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55g and am looking for the canister filter to inject my CO2 directly into the input line. Do you recommend any particular ones? I am open to suggestions. Before now, I used a hang on the back one and I want to minimize the CO2 loss with a new canister filter.

Thanks in advance.

I love this forum and have read it for a while but this is my first post :)

I will be using my XP3 when I get my 75G. Easy to set up and easy maintenance. Currently it's cycling on my cycled 55G tank til I get the new aquarium.

It is not really recommended to do that kind of injection with a cannister, you could get an airlock and burn out your moter. That being said, I inject that way with my Ehiem and I have had no troubles. People here say it is not a good idea with other brands of cannisters.

What would you suggest as the preferred method of injection? w/o an unsightly bulk in the tank?

Thanks

Buy/build an in-line diffuser to plumb into the return line on the canister.

Not only would i not suggest putting co2 on the intake, I especially wouldn't do it on a Filstar, as they already have a tendancy to build up an air-pocket even when functioning properly.

Eheims are the best. Via aqua work great also. Renas seem to have no problem. Fluvals will burp once or twice a day. Magnum H.O.T. have the impeller in a different and use a feature that prevents airlock.

Back
Top Bottom