Best co2 system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baydo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm wanting to setup up a co2 system for my 15 gallon planted tank. I don't won't to do the co2 route again as it was very annoying. I also don't won't to go for a full pressurised system, I know this will be cheaper in the long run but I don't have the room or the money to spend up front. So I was wondering what co2 system would be the best, that's is still going to able to grow my plants well.
Thanks

I would look for a citric acid based kit. It consists of a pressure gauge, some valves, tubing, and means to connect bottles (you provide). You add the required ingredients and after priming the system, adjust the bubble/reaction rate. What makes this better over a yeast based system is that you can control the CO2 output and shut if off when the lights are out. Of course, that requires you to have to open and close it on a daily basis.

+1 to citric acid. You can make as much or as little gas as you need

Ok tell me where to get the citric acid set up it sounds way easier than my yeast set up and it sounds like way less bottles under my tank.

Ok tell me where to get the citric acid set up it sounds way easier than my yeast set up and it sounds like way less bottles under my tank.

I got mine on Amazon. It was about 15 dollars or so. I did buy a better needle valve. I think I had about 30 dollars in it before I bought citric acid and baking soda

Back
Top Bottom