Depends on how bad it has infested your tank and how easily you can remove the plants to treat.
If its still in the early stages you can remove the affected leaves. If its covering your plants your best option is to remove the plants from the tank and do a bleach or hydrogen peroxide dip. Your third option for plants you can't easily remove is treatment of the problem IN the tank, but this carries several downsides and needs to be carefully done.
How long do you plan on keeping the tank overstocked? Do you have an algae cleanup crew in the tank already, or plan to get one? SAE
's are well known for being one of the few that will eat this stuff. I think American Flag Fish are also known to eat it but SAE
's are pretty docile and probably won't cause problems in your tank. My last Oto just recently bit the dust (I realized I hadn't seen him for a couple days and during my weekly 50% PWC
think I found some less edible parts of him). In my tank a fish can bite the dust and I'll never even know due to all the plants! Anyways my plan is to get a couple SAE
's in the next couple of weeks to help keep the tank pristine. Unfortunately I only battle staghorn algae which I am unaware of any fish that will eat it....
Can you post a couple of pictures so we can get a better idea of how bad the problem is?