Best way to replant wisteria?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is there a good technique?? Where is the best place to cut to get it to grow and bloom up beautifully at the top?? :)

I think you can just cut anywhere. I have had wisteria for a awhile now with no iron rich substrate or ferts. If you cut off a section that doesn't have roots yet, roots will develop over time

image-1636985416.jpg

Look at this pic. What I do is that I just cut half of any of em and they'll start growing. Hope this helps

You can just cut and replant or some people like to let the cuttings float until they get some roots and then replant. I would just cut and plant. Also wisteria seems to appreciate having root tabs.

I had better luck when I let them float and develop roots first. When I just stuck them in they seemed to rot/melt at the base. Might be an issue with my substrate though. No root tabs in that area of the tank, so that could be the difference too.

Just to warn you I added root tabs to my wisteria and now it's growing around 5-6 inches a week. I have to cut pieces of it off almost everyday. It's also in a dirted tank so I don't know if that makes any difference.

Back
Top Bottom