Betta build, one more tank? Sure....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wahhhh?!?! Are you heading to chisel off a chunk of the Berlin Wall or something? ? I've said it before and I'll say it again.. you're the only person who hates on Dhg;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

.... um ... I thought the Berlin wall fell...

I have mixed feelings about DHG myself. In my lower lit tanks (still somewhat medium light) it looks better. But in my higher lit tanks, it's a bba magnet. I suppose it has to do with what species of DHG. Mine is e. Parvula. It stays short and spreads so hardly any trimming.. guess that's why bba gets on it. I would assume the same for e. Belem. Maybe not that taller variety where you'd trim more often.

@Sk3lly - take lots of pics when you get to TGM. Maybe get one with "the Lord" of the castle, James Findley. :)

.... um ... I thought the Berlin wall fell...
Says who?! Pink floyd??

No im venturing off to Wales. Home of thegreenmachine
Awesome! !! we need pictures man!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have mixed feelings about DHG myself. In my lower lit tanks (still somewhat medium light) it looks better. But in my higher lit tanks, it's a bba magnet. I suppose it has to do with what species of DHG. Mine is e. Parvula. It stays short and spreads so hardly any trimming.. guess that's why bba gets on it. I would assume the same for e. Belem. Maybe not that taller variety where you'd trim more often.
I've got the same as you i believe, petsmart gel packs? ?

@Sk3lly - take lots of pics when you get to TGM. Maybe get one with "the Lord" of the castle, James Findley. :)

Sweet light man. I'm glad to see you're setting up another tank.

It's pretty nifty, need more zip ties though, reviews said adhesive failed..yup.. I set it up to rely on the zip tie support as it's so close to the water so it's all good, luckily the strips are entirely water proof so they won't get trashed if they get a little wet..

It's still very cloudy after the business.. should probably move the dw up and over to hide the filter too, that sponge will be gone soon (bb booster) I didn't see much use for banking the substrate, in theory.. when the DHG grows in wonderfully I can trim it to create the illusion of slope?? Right?? No? Ok:( I'll put all the java moss and anarchis back in..

Attachments

• 1407801669673.jpg
    1407801669673.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 132
This is going to look good. Just please don't forget to have at least one side with some taller plants in a way the betta can hide from direct light. Bettas come from dark water and the literature reports that under strong lights (in aquascape) they go blind, sometimes bad enough to become unable to find food or even swim straight to the glass and brake jaw/face bony structures such as orbits (eye sockets).

This is going to look good. Just please don't forget to have at least one side with some taller plants in a way the betta can hide from direct light. Bettas come from dark water and the literature reports that under strong lights (in aquascape) they go blind, sometimes bad enough to become unable to find food or even swim straight to the glass and brake jaw/face bony structures such as orbits (eye sockets).

Hey rc! Yup, I planted the right side with cardinals (regular)
, should provide a nice hiding spot from the lights, I've always wondered if fish can go blind from very high light, not that mine is.. betta is doing great, zips all over the tank checking things out, pigs out on bbs..

(How is the fish doing by the way?)

That's good to know.
Nice looking build there.
1000 lighters? Mine collect wine corks. I think I could make a two person raft out of them. Jk. But several hundred collecting in jars and vases.

Baby brine shrimp that is.. thanks fresh, i rigged up the diy co2 last night, I'll have to adjust the mixture because it was a snow globe in there haha.. not quite 1000 but getting there.. atleast yours could save your life some day Noah's ark style.. i couldn't even start a fire to save my life, they're all empty!

Here are some of the shrimpies you'll be getting. Don't mind the algae covering the front, it's shrimp food. Lol

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408122978.951104.jpg

Sweet! They're going in with baby betta and 4 amanos, is that a female?

I wasn't finished typing....fat thumb. But yeah they are females, and I mix up the sexes. I'll be pulling these out my tank at work early Monday morning to ensure fresh shrimp. Lol

Excellent! Can't wait..Did they fill out solid red? Stay segmented?

I wasn't finished typing....fat thumb. But yeah they are females, and I mix up the sexes. I'll be pulling these out my tank at work early Monday morning to ensure fresh shrimp. Lol

Here's my work tank. Looks like my home tank....out of control.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408123804.630319.jpg

Jungle status legendary.. think I see a chimpanzee in there;)

Excellent! Can't wait..Did they fill out solid red? Stay segmented?

There's a few solid reds, but most are segmented. I don't cull out the lesser ones ( don't have time or space) just let nature run it's course.

Good morning AA, so I'm currently running diy co2 on this Lil guy.. i was at home depot the other night in the plumbing section, apparently dumping copious amounts of dying plant matter down the drain creates blockages. . Who knew? Anyways.. found a 3 pack of 20g. Co2 for $5.. those little fluval kits are pretty cheap.. how far do you think 20g would get me? Month??

Back
Top Bottom