Betta build, one more tank? Sure....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No idea how long they would last. Not sure if a solenoid is included with that kit. If not, then I think you would have to open it up and adjust it each morning and close it at night.
At that point DYI might be more cost effective.

No idea how long they would last. Not sure if a solenoid is included with that kit. If not, then I think you would have to open it up and adjust it each morning and close it at night.
At that point DYI might be more cost effective.

Hmm, really did not consider that.. i guess I would just run it same as diy, air stone on a timer at night.. if it only costs $30 to start up and $15 a year?? No fussing with mixing, also the reactor bottle is on the shelf next to the tank. It's on a bookshelf and I really have no where to hide it, looks pretty bad..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hmm, really did not consider that.. i guess I would just run it same as diy, air stone on a timer at night.. if it only costs $30 to start up and $15 a year?? No fussing with mixing, also the reactor bottle is on the shelf next to the tank. It's on a bookshelf and I really have no where to hide it, looks pretty bad..

I forgot to ask about aesthetics. That is not a bad price. Go for it!

20g of what?!?!

Yeast brew?

You just made me think....my dad is crazy about homebrew and has several different yeasts culturing. For my diy co2 could I keep a constant jar of yeast culturing with each top up of the system to keep a more consistent amount of active yeast growing and saving money in the long run.
Sorry it's random just reading through and the thought occurred to me....

I forgot to ask about aesthetics. That is not a bad price. Go for it!

If the cartridges are interchangeable i will, if not the cost of fluval cartridges is absurd and I won't bother..

You just made me think....my dad is crazy about homebrew and has several different yeasts culturing. For my diy co2 could I keep a constant jar of yeast culturing with each top up of the system to keep a more consistent amount of active yeast growing and saving money in the long run.
Sorry it's random just reading through and the thought occurred to me....

Nah, that just good planning. Consistent amounts of CO2 is a challenge with DIY. I used to run two generators and swap out one each week.
Does you dad run CO2 tanks? Some brewers do that to supplement the home brew process.

If the cartridges are interchangeable i will, if not the cost of fluval cartridges is absurd and I won't bother..

That would be the first thing I would check for. Then use the generic low cost cartridges. Might check out air gun supplies for those. I used to use them for filling bicycle tires.

That would be the first thing I would check for. Then use the generic low cost cartridges. Might check out air gun supplies for those. I used to use them for filling bicycle tires.

The 3 packs at home depot for $5 is what sparked this whole plan.. they're designed for a power plunger for the mega clogs :/

Short answer.... yes...
Long answer....he has atleast two 20L kegs running at one time, grows his own hops, cracks his one wheat and grain and is a complete beer nerd. There are last time I checked 8 different kinds of yeast culturing in his beer fridge.

Ok sweet I'll start my own culture then. I am tempted with pressurized but I don't quite understand it fully and my tank needs are like crazy that it's necessary.

My dad buys these small paintball like cans for a handheld "party keg" system. Don't think it's enough to be effective for more then two weeks but the co2 for them is like $5.

Update, added 10 rcs, thanks pittbully! Ones berries and half have molted, the betta chases them around. Pretty funny! Got this sort of live wall going on? Almost like java moss but very fine, i had free floating java moss in this tank for a while before.. the shrimp love it so I'm going to let it go for now.
Hey sk3lly! How's my grass looking;)

Attachments

• 1408796648804.jpg
    1408796648804.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 1408796658446.jpg
    1408796658446.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 124
Sorry, I was too lazy to read through the whole thread but you are doing DIY co2 on this right? Also are you going PPS Pro or EI? :cool:

It's only 6 pages haha. . Diy until tomorrow, fluval mini co2 system due in;) pps pro.. mebbid root tabs as well..

Must be a picture book!!

Update, added 10 rcs, thanks pittbully! Ones berries and half have molted, the betta chases them around. Pretty funny! Got this sort of live wall going on? Almost like java moss but very fine, i had free floating java moss in this tank for a while before.. the shrimp love it so I'm going to let it go for now.
Hey sk3lly! How's my grass looking;)

Lol. I remember when I first introduced RCS to my 10g which had a blue male betta as boss. Sadly, the biggest and brightest shrimp was gone almost immediately. Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm hoping if he/she grows up with them they may be ok? Also banking on the dhg and cardinals filling in nicely to provide cover for the shrimpies!

They will do great together. That was the only casualty I witnessed. After that I guess he wasn't interested in them any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yah, probably a little tough choking down a live shrimp haha. They've developed some nice color.. is it normal for them to be swimming like nuts all over the tank together? Mating stuff? The amanos do it before they molt.

Back
Top Bottom