Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Big Problem

While enjoying a quiet night at home last evening I was stunned by the sound of water flooding. Turned around and my 90gal. had decided to "expire". Nobody touching it and the back panel of 1/2" glass broke. We caught all the livestock and overpopulated my 55 until further accomodations could be arranged. I've mopped up the water now and will be getting a 75 to replace the tank today but all the plants were destroyed. If anyone wants to help me get restocked with plant mass drop me a PM and I'll cover the shipping etc.

I've got plenty of light (220cf) and CO2 injection so high light species are welcome.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:03 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow, sorry to hear that, that is something that I think we all fear. At least you were home when it happened. Would have been a real disaster if that water had sat and soaked in all day. How old was the tank?

I'd be glad to help you re-stock as soon as it warms up around here, -30 at the moment. Overnight from Canada to the states is just not worth the hassle, they want to open and inspect the package, which I'm not willing to do. Fastest I could get you plants would be 5 to 7 days, to long in the cold, even with a heat pack. If you still need plants in the spring, pm me and whatever I've got is yours.

90 gallon, Crypt undulata "broad leaf" Lobelia cardinalis small and large form. H.corymbosa "compact" Crypt parva, Crypt Red Wendetti Downoi, Bacopa, Samolus Valerandi, Limnophilla Aromatica Alternanthera Reineckii lilacina(purple)
2x 150 Wt 10000k HQI Metal Halide, 2x 65 Wt 6700k-Colourmax
Glenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks Glen. The tank was an old perfecto we bought second hand for $90 about a year ago. Best guess it was 10-15 years old. I may take you up on the plants when the weather warms.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com