Bill's 12 Long - A Rimless Iwagumi Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those are some nice "inspirational" pics to aim for. I'm thrilled to hear of a rescape in the works. As for the blyxa you can sell it. I have 3 stems now of it.

So....how was the meet? And more importantly, the man-date? Haha

Those are some nice "inspirational" pics to aim for. I'm thrilled to hear of a rescape in the works. As for the blyxa you can sell it. I have 3 stems now of it.

So....how was the meet? And more importantly, the man-date? Haha

Haha, it's not till 1:00 today... I'll let you know how it goes. I did get a phone number though! ;) :rotfl: Hahahaha

Well, the SCAPE meet was cool. Possibly one of the nerdiest things I've ever done, but I'm sure it'll be a lot more fun once I get to know everyone on that forum. Mike is a super nice guy, and I'm quite jealous of the 23 gallon rimless he picked up! Those CAD tanks looked flawless. Awesome silicon job, and they all looked nicely assembled.

Soooo... Last week when I added the corys, I also picked up a few neons... Over the last week I've had several neons randomly die. No signs of illness, params all in check, I'm at a loss...? Could I have introduced the dreaded Neon Tetra Disease... DUH DUH DUUUHHHHNNN!(dramatization)

I didn't have any of mine die- ever. I got mine from Petsmart (they were the first and only neons I have ever had). I even sold & shipped them to someone else, and AFAIK they are still going strong. I am not sure why yours would be dying. Could they just be weak stock?

I didn't have any of mine die- ever. I got mine from Petsmart (they were the first and only neons I have ever had). I even sold & shipped them to someone else, and AFAIK they are still going strong. I am not sure why yours would be dying. Could they just be weak stock?

They were all fine since I started the tank until I added 2 more from petsmart. Now I've had about 4 random deaths... I first thought it was just weak stock, until some of my originals started dying too... So I'm guessing the new ones infected everyone with something...

Yeah probably a disease of sorts. My latest batch of petsmart dollar neons has zero die off (surprisingly). However, not sure if you recall, but a couple months ago, I got some that has ich that wiped out almost all my tank's inhabitants. Sucks!

So back to this "nerdiest" adventure... are you officially (jumped in) initiated into SCAPE? Or does belonging to the forum mean you're a SCAPE-bro? Haha

Anyway...I read they're doing a group buy for dollar cardinal tetras.. They're supposedly hardier than neons.

Yeah probably a disease of sorts. My latest batch of petsmart dollar neons has zero die off (surprisingly). However, not sure if you recall, but a couple months ago, I got some that has ich that wiped out almost all my tank's inhabitants. Sucks!

So back to this "nerdiest" adventure... are you officially (jumped in) initiated into SCAPE? Or does belonging to the forum mean you're a SCAPE-bro? Haha

Anyway...I read they're doing a group buy for dollar cardinal tetras.. They're supposedly hardier than neons.

Haha, I don't think you have to go to the meets to be a "true" member, but I'm sure it helps with networking and sharing plants, fish, shrimp, etc... I need to start activity posting on there so I can get to know all the regulars. The auction had some good plants and shrimp, I just didn't need anything right now.

I did get a sweet member card that gets me discounts at any LFS that sponsors the club... :lol:

So went out gathering some "stone" from a place I've been eyeing... I'm not eve sure that it is actual stone, or that it can be used. I need to pick up some vinegar to test it out. It's very fragile and breaks easily, but seems hard like rock. Any ideas to what it might be?

Attachments

• image-4187394157.jpg
    image-4187394157.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 72
  • image-1913187631.jpg
    image-1913187631.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 77
Those look nice... side of the road special, I imagine? Lol

It's disconcerting that they break up easily though. I hope they work out... they look interesting.

Any ideas of tests I should do other than just vinegar? Leave some soak in a bucket and test gh kh an ph? How long should I let it soak? Do I need circulation? I really like them, I hope they can work out... Best part, they were free, and there's more if need be! :p

Any ideas of tests I should do ther than just vinegar? Leave some soak in a bucket and test gh kh an ph? How long should I let it soak? Do I need circulation? I really like them, I hope they can work out... Best part, they were free, and there's more if need be! :p

You can use the nitrate test solution number 1. It's a stronger acid than vinegar. That's the best test I think.

Well, peroxide made it fizz just a little, not nearly as bad as the Seiryu stone. Nitrate bottle #1 had no effects on the found stone, but turned in to foam on Seiryu. My only other concern was the found stone leaching copper or other metals/minerals...

Well, peroxide made it fizz just a little, not nearly as bad as the Seiryu stone. Nitrate bottle #1 had no effects on the found stone, but turned in to foam on Seiryu. My only other concern was the found stone leaching copper or other metals/minerals...

I think if it passed the nitrate test, then it should be fine.

Any ideas of tests I should do other than just vinegar? Leave some soak in a bucket and test gh kh an ph? How long should I let it soak? Do I need circulation? I really like them, I hope they can work out... Best part, they were free, and there's more if need be! :p

Try licking it and seeing if it tastes like mineral water.

If you have any snails in your yard put some tank water on it to moisten and then put the snail see if they "walk" on it or recoil for copper? idnk sounds fun though!

Back
Top Bottom