Bill's 5 Gallon - A Rimless Treescape Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey brother, I have to ask to see this! lol could you do an attachment photo like the one with the tree? So I can veiw it. Thanks alot!

Thanks bud! I have another small piece of wood that I might hack up and use to make some "roots" coming out of the substrate to the right of the tree... Kinda following the lines at the bottom of the tree that go out.

Hmmmm.... I'm really liking that idea. I can see it...

Is that the fluval light you were discussing earlier in the thread? I though you were going to do the DIY PC light? I am curious because I trying to find a good light for my 6.5? gallon cube from Mr Aqua to grow HC in for when I get home...

Is that the fluval light you were discussing earlier in the thread? I though you were going to do the DIY PC light? I am curious because I trying to find a good light for my 6.5? gallon cube from Mr Aqua to grow HC in for when I get home...

It's similar to the fluval light, it's the finnex epoch clip light. 26 watts, but unfortunately the bulb that comes with it is a 50/50 bulb.

Not sure I'm feeling the tree root I added... Plus, if I use DHG, even trimmed, it'll be hidden. Thoughts?
img_2456076_0_06053abf34c001c2564b3764a0ded3b6.jpg

I don't know Bill, I kind of like that whole "root" look. Are you going to carpet it with DHG? Once it is all carpeted it would look cool, that is if you are going that route.

Thanks con, I'm definitely considering it... It'll be awhile before I'm ready to plant, so I've got plenty of time to sit and stare at it...

Yea, like they say... Fresh eyes... Fresh eyes... Walk away and go back to it. I'm sure you know the deal lol.

So carpeting ideas? I was thinking if I go with HC, I can add a few springs of marsilea minuta around the tree as an accent? Maybe some crypt parva here an there as an accent? I need tiny plants to keep this looking proportional...

I think the roots would look good if you used manzanita.

For carpet all crypt parva would look great, if you have the patience.

Back
Top Bottom