Black intakes for XP3???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dapellegrini

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I really like my XP3s but I wish the intakes were black instead of that light blue.... Anyone know where I could pick up some black intakes that would work with these filters?

Do you have them plugged into an XP# ? What size do you use (16/22 or 12/16)? I am guessing that the 16/22 would fit the 3/4-inch tubes on a Rena... ?

Those just might do the trick...

Cascade canisters use black intake/output tubes. You could try getting ahold of the replacement pieces.

There is also the option to paint the intake using I think Krylon Fusion paint (which sticks to plastic and does not break down in water) to a color of preference.

Ya, I was just looking at a replacement parts website that has the XP3 tubes listed at 5/8 id, 3/4 od, or 16mm/21mm, so I think the 16/22 will work. The Eheim ones look like they will do the trick

i have been wanting black filtration parts for a while, i'd go with the replacements though i dont really trust spray paint inside my tank, but thats just me

Ya, I should be getting those Eheim pieces any day now. I have no desire to put any kinds of painted objects in the tank. While it may work, I prefer to keep things simple, so when I do have problems, the answers are never too complex. :)

I was at Petsmart last night and I saw something called Customflo. There are different kits. It's filter parts, inputs,outputs, spraybars, elbows...you name it. It's made to go on any canister filter. You just have to do some trimming on some of the plastic pieces depending on your filter. Everything is nice and black. Only one problem. It's kinda pricy.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...023693&bmUID=1168864300079&itemNo=4&N=2030138

http://www.pentairaquatics.com/products/detail/customflo2.html

I might pick this up one day for my XP3

Wow. I actually just received the Eheim pieces that Randy suggested and am very happy with them for the intakes. Definitely a higher quality than what I got with my XP3's out of the box and no more blue.

I am now looking for a jet head adapter to replace the little round one that blasts water out at 60 mph... I think I would rather it T off and the heads themselves be flat. That set you found looks cool. I wish I could just buy a few pieces...

I'm glad that was what your were looking for. I really like how you can unscrew the tops to clean the tubing.

dapellegrini said:
I am now looking for a jet head adapter to replace the little round one that blasts water out at 60 mph... I think I would rather it T off and the heads themselves be flat. That set you found looks cool. I wish I could just buy a few pieces...

I'd try Loc-Line. You could use the y adapter and send it off in two directions and add fare nozzles to the ends. I'm planning on doing this on my 29 gallon.

http://www.aquacave.com/Loc-Line Catalog.aspx

Back
Top Bottom