Blackbeard algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diete639

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help!
I have a 400l tropical aquarium and have BBA everywhere! I have used a treatment over the past week, but no change. All my filter pipes, which I've recently replaced have it all in too. Any ideas? What about adding salt or something?

Hi!

I have a 400l aquarium, 150cm long. There are two strip lights above which are new from Arcadia. They're on for 9 hours per day, reduced from 12. I have mainly rainbow fish, all young, no more than 5cm at the moment. There are 12 fish in total. My plants are Cryptocoryne x willisii (4), Echinodorus bleheri (2), and Amazon (4). I want to plant more, but not until the BBA problem is solved. The CO2 is a Dennerle, set to keep the ph at 7.5. It's off at the moment due to the treatment which is Protalon-707. I have three large wood roots in the tank, which the plants are attached to and where the main amount of BBA is (one of them). I don't want to remove the wood if possible. The feed is Organix flakes from Söll. Currently one pinch per day. All food is gone within about a minute. My Fe value was very low, so I've just begun using a liquid Fe additive too. The temp is set at 26C, through a normal element and also under substrate heating.

Back
Top Bottom