BLUE GREEN ALGAE IN PLANTED TANK!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindaC

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm not sure why my post was moved and I'm a little upset about that, I looked all afternoon for it, thought I was going crazy. This is my 10 gallon planted tank that has the Cyanobacteria, if you read my post you'd see that.

Please, this is very upsetting to me, it's a lot of work and it's killing my plants. I'm just looking for a little support, maybe someone was successful in eradicating this from there tank without using Maracyn. Believe me, I would prefer not to use it!

One question, I tested my nitrates in that tank and they are 0, should I add KNO3 to the tank, would that help? I've already done a couple of water changes and cleaned off plants that were only mildly affected.

I will read Steve's link again, I have done some research on this, I'm not one who posts without trying to do some research first, maybe other's have had luck and that's what I'm hoping for.

Thank you!
Linda

Here's a link to LindaC's other post for anyone that would like the background information on the problem.

From you're other thread it looks like you're going with the blackout method. Between this and getting your Nitrates up, it sounds like you are on the right track. Good luck!

Hi Linda, do the black out. I just did one on my tank for a full 3 days and I to was worried I would lose plants and or fish. Don't peek if you do it, leave it alone. Everything survived fine. All problem algea was comepletly gone. Check out my post "Blackout, going south". Hope this helps

Thank you all, yes, I'm going with the black out, seems to have worked for others. I will let you all know how I make out.

Back
Top Bottom