Bolbitis 'pruning'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coralbandit

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got some Bolbitis from Dallas back a couple months ago and I really like them .
They are actually doing really good [possibly great] in my 29 g that is only 1/2 filled. It is low tech with a Beamsworks DAFSPEC ,ehiem surface extractor ,Aqua Clear 50 and a Dr Chihiros Super set on second level.
I have a super nice CO2 reg [ https://r.search.aol.com/_ylt=AwrBT.../co2.htm/RK=0/RS=S.XYvD07f75HN_KLNSjuFmgw2DI- ] and will eventually add CO2 to this tank or when all this stuff gets moved to a much larger version of same set up [75 or 120].
I would like to split the plants and have read to cut it on the rhizome.Could just removing a leave work?
I know plants like Java fern ,and Anubias are rhizome type plants also and they grow from just a single leaf..
So has anyone had luck with just growing Bolbitis from just a leaf ?

Big thanks to Lincoln also for the plants ,I am not the 'plant guy' but really ejoying these...
Here is the tank and plant growth
8LOVX8El.jpg

Thanks Mike ..
I might just be getting lucky with this plant??
My little Buce in the same tank have new leaves also !:dance:
If I got as lucky with plants as I am with fish would live in a green house ! :nono:

I got some Bolbitis but it’s really tall! And I have some that’s really tiny. The tiny stuff was sprouting new rooted leaves at the top of older leaves. It’s in this photo left rear in tank. You can see all the little roots hanging down. IMG_1985.jpg

I trimmed a few off and have them attached to a small rock now to see how they do.

I got some Bolbitis but it’s really tall! And I have some that’s really tiny. The tiny stuff was sprouting new rooted leaves at the top of older leaves. It’s in this photo left rear in tank. You can see all the little roots hanging down. View attachment 306229

I trimmed a few off and have them attached to a small rock now to see how they do.
Thanks T .
I do see the roots !
I believe you have confirmed my suspicion !(y)
As said I am not the plant guy ,but often for simple plants I let them float around if they don't have good roots .. It seems many plants will grow roots [like when you place a cutting in a glass of water] if just given enough time ?
I really only asked to see if I cut a bent stem if I would be killing it. It seems healthy but is kinked over 90 degrees from my handling on arrival.
I may just cut the rhizomes also as I would really like to grow more of this plant .

Back
Top Bottom