Bonsai trees?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar98

Aquarium Advice Addict
It would be really cool to have a tank 3/4 full and have a rock structure coming out of the water and attaching a bonsai tree to it. Idk if this belongs in the planted section but what ever lol. Anyone else think that would be cool????

I have seen tanks like this. I think they look amazing. Sorta looks like an island in the ocean. I am trying to find a tank to do a miniscape of a sunken city. Now you have me wanting to do one of these. LOL Didn't know aquariums could be so addictive.

Ya they are VERY addicting. I have x2 55gal tanks a 20g long and am getting a 150g next week i may turn a 55 into a mini jungle with bonsai lol.

Ok try it and if you kill the bonsai can I have it? I want to use a dead one underwater lol :)~

saw some pics online of the rock coming out of th water with one on top... Really cool!!

Haha. Well my dad is making me take one of my 55g down for the 150g so im going to turn it into a bonsai forest with somemini bamboo too

I havent seen it but that sounds like a great idea! What kind of bonsai would you use? I bet a juniper planted in a seiryu stone or a piece of lava rock would be pretty cool. Esp. in a smaller iwagumi style tank.

I love the idea. Any one have a picture of a setup like that.

Here are a couple I found on the net. They inspired me to make my own tree.

Attachments

• DSC03170k.jpg
    DSC03170k.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 636
  • pinheiro manso final.jpg
    pinheiro manso final.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 471
That is too cool. Does it have to be a certain type of tree. And will it harm the tree being completely under water?

I was just thinking about using a dead bonsai in my tank. I was paying so much attention to my tanks at one point and forgot to water my bonsai. It was dead and I dumped it. Then I thought after the fact.... Man that woulda looked cool in my tank....:( haha

I was just thinking about using a dead bonsai in my tank. I was paying so much attention to my tanks at one point and forgot to water my bonsai. It was dead and I dumped it. Then I thought after the fact.... Man that woulda looked cool in my tank....:( haha

I think those pics are dead trees with java moss on them. Still very cool.

Back
Top Bottom