Brian's 2.11g Rimless Pico Cube (AquaTop)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lucky. I can never get the bubbles out :( maybe I should bring the tank to Verizon where there are skilled people that put on the screen protectors everyday to do it for me. :lol:

Dan, you did put some soapy water or windex on the glass before you applied the window film, right? Forgot to mention that part... Lol

Yes yes I have been quite the busy guppy lately. Lol...and bill, yeah nope never in my life did I learn to do that lol. I still have a lot to live tho! :lol: I will now go try my luck at this...

That is just the cutest little tank! Our cats would tank you for the perfect little drinking pond!

It looks amazing as is! So jealous of your aquascaping skills... Serious envy here!

I am absolutely in love with this!!

You are really tempting me to go rimless for my next tank!

Definitely following!

Thanks Janis and Mrs.h2012! :)

@Oohitsae - Thanks! You should... rimless tanks, IMO, are a piece of artwork in itself!

Oh yes, definitely artwork! They also make what's inside look a lot more classy!

I've got a nice empty spot on my night stand, and a big payday coming in a couple of weeks, so I may just have to do it!

Cool sounds good... LMK if you need any help or advice. Also check out DantheGuppyMan's GLA 6g build and BillBug's 12 gallon long build... all really nice rimless builds here on AA! :)

Awesome video! Love the tank and the music you picked!! Really ties it in.

If I can ask.... What media are you using? I have an AC70 for my cube.

I just use the sponge, biomax, and a cut-to-size filter floss. I don't use the activated carbon. Eventually, when the filter gets fully cycled, I'll throw in a small bag of purigen.

I just use the sponge, biomax, and a cut-to-size filter floss. I don't use the activated carbon. Eventually, when the filter gets fully cycled, I'll throw in a small bag of purigen.

Awesome thanks!! Filter floss I see is on top? Over the bio max? How do you like it like that? I may just do the same :)

I think you can put the filter floss on top or right after the sponge. I'm actually using right after the sponge to polish up the water before it gets to the biomax. I'll eventually place the bag of Purigen last after the biomax for that extra level of polishing. Have you used Purigen? If not, you should! Great stuff! It can interfere with the cycling process so just make sure to add that after. You should also stick your bag of biomax in one of your established tank's filters while you're still setting up your tank's hardscape and planting. That way you'll have some migrated BB on there which will speed up the cycle. Well, you probably know all this already.. so it's just a friendly reminder and for those new to the hobby reading this :)

I think you can put the filter floss on top or right after the sponge. I'm actually using right after the sponge to polish up the water before it gets to the biomax. I'll eventually place the bag of Purigen last after the biomax for that extra level of polishing. Have you used Purigen? If not, you should! Great stuff! It can interfere with the cycling process so just make sure to add that after. You should also stick your bag of biomax in one of your established tank's filters while you're still setting up your tank's hardscape and planting. That way you'll have some migrated BB on there which will speed up the cycle. Well, you probably know all this already.. so it's just a friendly reminder and for those new to the hobby reading this :)

Yea... Already have the new tanks bio max in the 75 gallon ;)

I run 3 bags of purigen on my 75g and have plenty :)

Thanks for the help and for sharing your tank and ideas!

Update Time!

Here's a little update on my Pico Cube... Not much to report, its a low light tank so things tend to inch along slowly. My Hydrocotyle tripartita sp. Japan is growing the fastest. I already snipped some off and replanted to fill in the sides of the stones.

I added a little more substrate in the foreground to accommodate some Marsilea crenata (aka: Dwarf Four Leaf Clover). This is my first time using this plant so I was excited to find it at the LFS. Grown in its immersed form, it looks like Glosso to me. I've been reading mix reports whether the MC can be grown in low light versus high light. I'm crossing my fingers it will do alright in here.

Still need to swap out the AC 20 for the Palm Filter and lower the light fixture some.

Here's some update pics:.

ib05PiAtP3oq1L.jpg

irW9Xl5xhg7kq.jpg

iIr9pXi2hQIaS.jpg

Little miss Betta checking out her new front lawn. :)

isf3jxHo7Oc97.jpg

iA84LDcFNx0e9.jpg

Thanks for stopping by guys! :)

Back
Top Bottom