Broken light timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luananeko

Aquarium Advice Addict
It looks like the timer that came with my lighting fixture is no longer working, it's just leaving my lights on constantly... It's the one that's shipped with the GLO Dual T5HO fixtures, just a simple 24hr mechanical timer. I've spun the dial around to test what it did when it hit the transition points, but nothing happens, even after I unmark and re-mark which times are turned on (there's little plastic tabs you push up or down to set it to be on or off for a time segment). Is there a way to fix it?

If not, are there any good timers folks recommend that won't crap out after a few months like this one did or cause a fire like I've heard of others doing? I'd prefer a timer that is commonly found at a LFS or a big box chain store like Petsmart or Petco as I don't really want to deal with waiting for one online to ship. Thanks!

I got a bunch of these:
Amazon.com: Hamilton 24hr Digital Timer with 2-Outlets: Pet Supplies

They are a little bit pricey but they can be programmed down to the minute and have dual outlets. I actually found them at a Harbor Freight store for $5.

I've been using them for a long time now and never had any issues. I like it too because unlike other digital timers, this one has a battery so if you unplug it, you don't have to set your schedules up all over again. I also like being able to program the lights to stay on longer on weekends (when I'm home more).

Back
Top Bottom