So, after a bit of struggle with some water chemistry, I figured I'd managed to get a handle on it. So, I decided to try again to plant my 125 gal
tank. I got some java fern, swords, and two lovely St. Elmo's Fire swords, and there were still a few disparate plants that somehow hung on through my chemistry woes (also pretty basic plants but I can't recall what. They look reeeally sad at this point).
So, pretty much immediately they start browning. I can't figure why. I'm testing everything I can think of so I'm tossing it to you guys to see if I'm missing something that should be obvious. There are still some fake plants in there but I'm trying to phase them out.
Water chemistry (as of today):
Nitrates: ~10-20 ppm
Lights: Fluval LEDs although I remember buying plant specific ones I no longer remember which model they are. For 8 hrs.
Water changes 50% weekly.
10mL flourish Excel daily
Flourish Iron (I have some red plants I'm trying to color up) 2mL every two-three days