Browning plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emperortetra

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help.

I have a 55gal. Planted tank and all my plants have Browning on them. Is this too much light or a nutrient issue? Fairly new to planted tanks so any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance:thanks:

I think what Brook is referring to is things like lighting and how long, nutrients and ferts dosed and their schedule, water change schedule, things like that

Do you dose ferts ? Which ones how often? Water change schedule?
What light are you running? How long is light on for daily ?
What kind of plants do you have?
How long has tank been set up with plants?
What plants do you have?
A picture might help...

I do not dose anything into my water. That is something that has been in my mind buy not sure where to start. I change my water 25% weekly. As for lighting not sure what they are. I know they are a fluval led. The tank has been setup for a couple years. I just recently planted in the past four months. I also have an oversized hob that I change the carbon filters on monthly. Will try and post a picture tomorrow

Alright well I can help with this, running carbon in a planted tank is a no-no, it takes the nutrients the plants need out of the water. It also sounds like you have a strong light for your plants, without dosing nutrients they will start browning like that because of high light and very little nutrients. I would start making your own filter media with cheap poly fil and lavarock, does more filtration then those cartridges and just needs rinsed. Also, look into getting a fertilizer, I use API leafzone along side their co2 booster and my plants do well. I know seachem has some really good ferts too so I would look at availability.

Back
Top Bottom