Bubble Counter Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericwithac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have the Milwaukee co2 regulator with bubble counter, and I have the solenoid on a timer. Ive noticed that when it comes on in the mornings, the bubbles per second is much less then it was when it shut off.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

In Soviet Russia iPhone You!!

Takes a few to build up pressure. Totally normal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Then the opposite would be true. Pressure in the regulator itself builds up rapidly, but slowly in the lines downstream from the drop checker. It should be faster when you first turn it on, then slowly decrease in rate as the pressures equalize.

What are you using to diffuse? Atomizer by chance?

How long does it take to reach that pace? Seconds, minutes, hours?

Well, my co2 turns on at 10am. I looked at it around 1015/1030 and it was a very low bps count. I turned it up and its at the correct count now. Drop checker matches.

I dont really understand your question I guess, apologies.

You said that it doesn't match the rate when you turn it off. I was assuming that it started slow and slowly ramped up to match. Has it been doing this for a while?

No that was the first time. It turned on today and was operating fine.

Might have just been some hiccups with a new regulator. Let us know if it becomes a pattern.

Came home from
Work and the bubble counter was on a very low bps. The water in the bubble counter was down a little bit as well. Any ideas?

Bubble counter going the right direction? Have to ask....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom