Build My Led 10,000k planted fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philly33

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have or seen these? The reviews online look great.

I have 4 of them and like them a lot but I suggest getting the dimmer attachment which allows you to use the light from 10-100%. If your doing a planted tank I'd go with 6300K or 7000K fixture.

Why would they make and label 10,000k planted? I'll have to call them. Which do you have? I planned on a dimmer. Their site suggested 2 fixtures for my 90. Bty- I'm going pressurized co2 and EI dry ferts and new substrate. I'm super excited.

10,000K is a really white almost a bluish hue color temp. Plants can grow but it will wash out colors. Great for just green, but reds would look muted. Aesthetically speaking, if you like cooler color temps, I'd get the 7,000K (iwagumi) over the 6,300k (Dutch).

Decisions decisions. I like a crisper white. My current is 3 t5ho. 10,000, aqua flora, 6,700. I'm just curious to why they market it for plants. There system suggests to fixtures. Maybe I'll do 10,000k and Dutch with dimmers.

@River- do u have all 4 on your 220g? At what angle are your fixtures?

Nick at build my led was very helpful. Going to get 2 fixtures. 10,000k @ 90degrees and 6,300 @ 75degrees with dimmer n splitter. Even more excited now.

I actually had all my fixtures before they redesigned so mine are 8000K's but with some deep red added so all colors including reds and pinks look great. I only have 1 BML fixture on my 220g to increase front of the tank lighting. I have a big 72" metal halide and T5HO fixture on the 220g as my main lighting. The BML was a nice compliment fixture. I have a 75 beam angle on the 220 as the smaller the beam angle the greater the Par at lower levels which is what I needed. I have 2 other fixtures, one of my 55, with 75 degree beam angles and then on the 24 Nuvo rimless tank which is shallow I have a 90 degree beam angle. I only have 1 BML fixture per tank.

I actually had all my fixtures before they redesigned so mine are 8000K's but with some deep red added so all colors including reds and pinks look great. I only have 1 BML fixture on my 220g to increase front of the tank lighting. I have a big 72" metal halide and T5HO fixture on the 220g as my main lighting. The BML was a nice compliment fixture. I have a 75 beam angle on the 220 as the smaller the beam angle the greater the Par at lower levels which is what I needed. I have 2 other fixtures, one of my 55, with 75 degree beam angles and then on the 24 Nuvo rimless tank which is shallow I have a 90 degree beam angle. I only have 1 BML fixture per tank.

What would I need for a 55 gal?

I have 2- 55g tanks, one with the BML fixture and one with a dual Aquatic Life T5HO fixture with Geisemann bulbs and honestly the BML at 100% with a 75 degree beam angle is much brighter than the T5HO. My fixture is 8000K with added deep red lights so color is also very good. My T5HO with the Geisemann bulbs is a good strong medium, maybe even a bit higher light. I can grow almost anything except high light carpeting plants. The color on my non-green plants is very good. With the BML the color is very good and while I haven't tried it I bet I could grow high light carpet plants. I got the 75 degree beam angle so the light penetrated deeper, plus the tank is only 12" wide. I also use the timer to run lights at 10% after 6 hours of 100%. If you look on BML site they have actual par levels for their fixtures. But for a 55g I would say get the 6300k or the 7000k if you want a little brighter with a 75% beam angle. Then I'd order the feet and a dimmer.

Back
Top Bottom