bulb help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
my mom beiing nice bought my a 15w cfl its self ballasted can i use it in my hood it has 4100k 120v 825 lumens
A is it safe to use
B is it better than my 15w incan that's in there now

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

mfdrookie516 said:
should be fine. it's probably going to be a bit on the red/yellow side, but will work.

that ballast thing worries me though that white part

im putting it in now will post before after piic i only have 1 bulb so itl be one cfl one incan

The acrylic splash guard? I always took those off when I was running 10g hoods. Some people may not recommend it, but I've never had any issues.

same pic lights off used leos heat lamp light as a light source phone cam has no flash

mfdrookie516 said:
The acrylic splash guard? I always took those off when I was running 10g hoods. Some people may not recommend it, but I've never had any issues.

yeah i left mine on will it melt it?

its been close to half hour the bulbs hot the acrylic is cool you think im good to go

my 2 x 20 W CFL bulb on my 2 10Gs are also touching the acrylic guard and everything is fine...didn't melt it so far and I have been running those CFLs in my first 10G since december 2010...so I would say you are good to go.

Back
Top Bottom