bulbs???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
i just got some bulbs from the lfs the ones that come in a lil package and i was wondering what do i need to make them grow fast and big????? i got a lamp with two t5 ho's and the regular light and i got sand???? do i need fertilizer to start or thats until later on:banghead::banghead:

What specific kind of plant is it? I know you need a special plant bulb to provide plants with certain rays so they will grow...I put some of those bulbs in a tank with regular lighting and they didn't grow :( a waste

well i knos its some onion bulbs water lilly and something else i dont got the box wit me right now but when i get home ill post it and i have the lights that i was using wit my coral

I've never had any luck with the packaged bulbs from the lfs. Every one of them just sat there and did nothing. On the other hand, my son has about an 80% success rate and all he does is throw them into this little 1 gallon betta tank until they sprout, then replants them where he wants them. The tank he uses just has one of those little bulbs shaped like the old Christmas lights. He leaves the light on constantly, but I dont know if that helps matters or not. It takes about a month or so for them to start, but when they do they really take off. I have 2 red lilies in my tanks that he started that way.

Good luck! :fish2:

I just got the same thing from Petsmart, They are TopFin Live Plant Bulbs, 1 waterlilly, 1 onion and 2 aponogeton. I don't know which bulb is which plant. I do have a betta tank and will try it out, thanks.

Most bulb plants , the growth is dependant on the quality and condition of the bulb. Lights and substrate don't matter for the initial growth. Those things matter when the plant tries to manufacture a new bulb.

Back
Top Bottom