Bushy nose destroying Amazon Swords

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plantnoob

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a 70 gal planted low tech tank. The plants I have in there:

Amazon Swords
Java Ferns
Pygmy swords
Anubias Nana

He plants are generally thriving, the swords have been doing great. Recently I found young sword leaves becoming transparent with holes in them. At first I thought this was some deficiency. But after some research, I figured it is my pleco doing it. I found the bugger rasping on the sword leaves a few times. I've tried to keep him fed with a good mix of veggies, fruits and algae tabs. So he now eats the leaves for dessert. Any ideas? My guess is that I'm hosed. I'm looking for alternatives to Amazon swords - something similar looking that will thrive in a low tech tank. Ideas appreciated!

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yah.. they love those broad leaf plants..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So folks, BN plecos destroying swords is common, and there are multiple threads on this topic. The reason I started this one was to look for replacements that are sword like background plants for the tank, that the pleco won't kill. Appreciate any help.

Thanks! Vals sound like a good option. Guess I'll look at replacing some of the swords.

Back
Top Bottom