Buying a co2 tank....question....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallyjano

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm taking the plunge and getting pressurized co2. I am buying everything on amazon as I have a gift card to use.

Is a co2 tank a co2 tank? Or are there things I need to look for?

Is this one ok?

Amazon.com: 5 lb. CO2 Cylinder: Kitchen & Dining

It says its for beer but I assume it works the same for a fish tank? Or are they different?

Thanks I've tried searching for am not finding the info

I just go to the local welding supply. Initially, there is a deposit on the tank plus the cost of the CO2, but after that I just trade the tank in and only pay for the gas.

I just go to the local welding supply. Initially, there is a deposit on the tank plus the cost of the CO2, but after that I just trade the tank in and only pay for the gas.

+1 but the tanks online are cheaper. Just trade the tank you buy in for gas.

By all means check and see what your local welding supply asks for deposit. I guess it depends on where you live. The deposit on a 5 pounder was $45 plus cost of gas. I also have a 20 pounder that was $75 deposit plus cost of gas. I will admit that the tanks at the welding supply are not as pretty as the one on amazon.

Thanks. I will look into that option but if I do buy from Amazon can I get any tank? Or are there certain things to look for?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It will need to fit a CGA320 nut and stem. I would contact the seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my setup from Amazon.

Aquatek Regulator and solenoid.

25 feet of thick black airline tubing.

Co2 diffuser(Fluval I believe)

Drop checker

2 x 24oz paintball co2 tanks

Aquatek paintball converter (so the tank can fit the solenoid.)

O-rings

Bubble counter

I think I spent maybe $200 on everything. The regulator and the co2 tanks being the large majority of it and EVERYTHING I got off amazon.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I got my setup from Amazon.

Aquatek Regulator and solenoid.

25 feet of thick black airline tubing.

Co2 diffuser(Fluval I believe)

Drop checker

2 x 24oz paintball co2 tanks

Aquatek paintball converter (so the tank can fit the solenoid.)

O-rings

Bubble counter

I think I spent maybe $200 on everything. The regulator and the co2 tanks being the large majority of it and EVERYTHING I got off amazon.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Awesome thanks Caleb!

Back
Top Bottom