Buying Plants online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dstephen

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is buying plants online a bad idea? Does it depend on the website? I usually buy my plants at my LFS so I was wondering. Wanted some plants that the LFS didn't have.

I bought my plants from live aquaria and I loved them. They have a 14 days guarantee and the plants are shipped in 2 days.

The shipping is rather steep but when you order a bunch, it makes it worth it

Lfs has limited knowledge on plants, have bought some at petco, some at lfs, and some online. It just depends on where you get them, as long as you're willing to wait the classified section here has some really good deals from awesome people.

Last edited:
If there aren't people selling here currently you can check AquaBid.com, hobbyists sell there and the healthiest plants I've gotten have been from hobbyists who take pride in their plants, I haven't been thrilled with re-sellers. Be sure to check out the seller's reviews.

I've brought basically all my plants online as stock is very limited here. Some have spent 5-6 days in transit with no issues and have always been great quality. I got most of mine from stores on eBay.

Got all of my plants online. They're all doing amazingly well! I got them all from an eBay store and just checked their feedback before ordering. As long as they've got a lot of good reviews, can't see there being a problem.

I got mine from the website of liveaquaria.com
I liked this site cause they have plant packs. So for a beginner like me who doesn't know quite what to get, I just picked the standard pack and the tank size I had and they sent me plenty of plants.
Had a few die on me but I think that was my fault due to lack of knowledge. But since I have be fertilizing better I am seeing a ton of new growth.
A great choice for me in my opinion. Especially when you don't know what to get

I've bought in a variety of ways, including online. Been very happy with the experience except that I didn't pay attention to the date it was shipped and it arrived while I was gone but even after days of sitting they were fine. The biggest problem with online is the shipping costs.

Back
Top Bottom