Caliban's AquaOpti 85L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha cheers all. I've gone a bit simpler to be honest. Obviously it's not fully planted yet. Just replanted the Monte Carlo properly this time.

Thanks. I'm taking the tree out I think. Before I went to Iceland I wanted to do something heavily rock related.

After walking through some of the fissures there I new I definitely wanted to do a parting of rock work or some kind of valley.

View attachment 292356

I got this off the tinterweb before I left. I'm going to need some more rock and some more substrate.

Nice idea! Very nice!

Applause to you caliban! Breathtaking .....

Thanks a lot but I've changed it one last time. With the right plant choices I'm confident this will make a good scape. Pics to follow when I get home.

As you can tell I'm not as careful as Fresh2o, Fishenthusiast, Bert2oo1 or even yourself when it comes to planning and preparation but I'm finding myself getting better each time.

Thanks a lot but I've changed it one last time. With the right plant choices I'm confident this will make a good scape. Pics to follow when I get home.

As you can tell I'm not as careful as Fresh2o, Fishenthusiast, Bert2oo1 or even yourself when it comes to planning and preparation but I'm finding myself getting better each time.

Well it led me to too much planning but no matter of how much planning you put into it everything you put in first will always just be temporary. As soon as plants grow the scape changes big time! It's a constant change that few can maybe only imagined it to be.

Well it led me to too much planning but no matter of how much planning you put into it everything you put in first will always just be temporary. As soon as plants grow the scape changes big time! It's a constant change that few can maybe only imagined it to be.

That is the key. Visualising how the scape will look 10 months down the line. For this you need lots of experience with a wide range of plants. I don't really have that at the moment. Google could help I suppose.

I have its not real popular. Your kind of scape is all the rage now days.

Post #4565 under post your full tank shots

Nothing wrong with that. Looks great! Looks very clean and you can tell algae is minimal.
A little string algae but not bad. Still getting it dialed in. I collected some b.monieri and may have brought it in lol

Gah! I'm certainly by no means a scaper ;) don't pump me up too early, it all might turn to poo when I plant it haha. Like u said plant placement makes or breaks a scape and I have experience with very few plants so it could be interesting haha ;)

Thanks for your kind words though [emoji106]

Gah! I'm certainly by no means a scaper ;) don't pump me up too early, it all might turn to poo when I plant it haha. Like u said plant placement makes or breaks a scape and I have experience with very few plants so it could be interesting haha ;)

Lots of pressure yours one of my favorites too.

Haha yeah but the fact that this is my fourth scape since i started this tank shows that I don't prep well at all.

Here it is. A lot more simple. Sometimes less is more.

Hope you like it.

IMG_2414.jpg

Image1483464891.803569.jpg

Image1483464910.715622.jpg

Image1483464949.245587.jpg

It's difficult to grasp a sense of height from the pictures but the left corner is mounted about half way up the tank.

Cal's Aquaopti 85L

Here it is. A lot more simple. Sometimes less is more.

Hope you like it.

View attachment 292727

View attachment 292728

View attachment 292729

View attachment 292730

It's difficult to grasp a sense of height from the pictures but the left corner is mounted about half way up the tank.

Should look good once U get some plants in there! U brought all that rock and didn't end up using it [emoji23] gives u some left for that nano in the other room [emoji1]

Back
Top Bottom