Caliban's AquaOpti 85L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Dela. Smallish problem though.

The MC (now I'm assuming it is MC I'm sure that's what I asked for) is growing upwards and not out. Could I need more light? I'm hearing how powerful these A series lights are on UKAPS and I'm running two but at half setting. If power is linear then this doesn't make sense because I carpeted MC just fine under one fixture at a maximum setting of 7 so would 2 fixtures running at 4 each 4+4= 8 deliver the same PAR as one fixture at 7? Also I do have a bit of salvinia floating about it but only over half.

Thanks Dela. Smallish problem though.

The MC (now I'm assuming it is MC I'm sure that's what I asked for) is growing upwards and not out. Could I need more light? I'm hearing how powerful these A series lights are on UKAPS and I'm running two but at half setting. If power is linear then this doesn't make sense because I carpeted MC just fine under one fixture at a maximum setting of 7 so would 2 fixtures running at 4 each 4+4= 8 deliver the same PAR as one fixture at 7? Also I do have a bit of salvinia floating about it but only over half.

I think so trying the maths on inverse distance rule for light drop off but not certain. Does it dim all led bulbs equally maybe?

Had light on full power this evening. Tank looks well but I chickened out and backed them both down to second highest. Only plant I'm not overly thrilled with is the s.repens. One of the pre soil plants. The Blyxa has three new blades on each plant and the ever robust p.helferi is just lapping it up.

Dunno what to do about the savinia. Seemed like a good idea to add this at the time but it's spreading too quickly. Amano shrimp love clinging to it upside down for a bit of a feast though. Cherry shrimp were out all night tonight so well chuffed.

Just grab a handful or two when you check tank lol that what I do

So 4 days after planting,

IMG_2540.jpg

To

IMG_2546.JPG

I'll leave it for a while now.

I've never seen alternanthera pearl until tonight and it was glorious.

Are you seeing thicker stems in soil? I thought mine were thicker in soil compared to gravel / aquarium substrate clays but never really tested.

Are you seeing thicker stems in soil? I thought mine were thicker in soil compared to gravel / aquarium substrate clays but never really tested.

Hard to say really I'll keep my eyes peeled. Just better health so far. Haven't used any micros or easycarbo so far so I'm happy about that.

Back
Top Bottom