Can anyone id this plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeathB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was taking a walk by the creek earlier today and noticed these growing there, and I thought I'd give them a test run in my quarantine tank.
26843_738570132578_20704987_42306845_2894941_n.jpg

Well, whatever it is, my guppies seem to think it must be delicious, cause they are picking at this more than they did at the anacharis.

No idea, but I'd caution against using wild plants in a tropical aquarium. They might not do well in a tropical environment and they might just bring some nasty hitchhikers along for the ride.

No idea, but I'd caution against using wild plants in a tropical aquarium. They might not do well in a tropical environment and they might just bring some nasty hitchhikers along for the ride.

Yeah, I gave them a nice long pp soak before I even thought about putting them in quarantine with the guppies (shoulda said, these guys are fry, and probably the ones that will be getting culled anyways)

Someone on another forum suggested maybe a type of Ludwigia (repens or palustris). Any thoughts on that?

as long as you put them plants in QT they should be fine. this is how new plants come to the hobby someone goes out side finds it tosses it a tank and there you go.

as for what plant is it... its a little hard to tell. leafs kinda looks like repens but a closer pick should help. also there tends to be a difference for emmersed and immersed growth.

I don't think that's a Ludwigia... check out www.nanfa.org or google "native aquatic plants indiana".

I've spent pretty much the last 2 days trying google to no success, but I'll check out that nanfa site. Thanks HN1.

If it does good in the tank I'll see about getting a better picture then. :)

Back
Top Bottom