Can Excel be used on Anubias?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meese-a-mew

Aquarium Advice Freak
My dad had an incident one time where he used it as one of his plants just melted so I'm just wondering if anyone knows if its ok to use flourish excel on Anubias.
I might get java fern and moss soon so is it ok for those too?

I use 5ml of excel daily in my 8 gallon anubias tank. Every tank is different but you should be able to use excel on all those plants you mentioned. Jungle Val seems to melt with excel use.

If you want to save money pick up some Metricide 14, it's the same thing as Excel but it's more concentrated.

I've used doses of 1:1 ratio of liquid carbon to tank water with anubia's in the tank and they did fine. Heck I've even poured liquid carbon over an anubia out of the tank and let it sit 20 minutes with no problems. There are several plants like anrcharis, elodia, most Vals, and some mosses are very sensitive to liquid carbons and will make them melt.

I've used doses of 1:1 ratio of liquid carbon to tank water with anubia's in the tank and they did fine. Heck I've even poured liquid carbon over an anubia out of the tank and let it sit 20 minutes with no problems. There are several plants like anrcharis, elodia, most Vals, and some mosses are very sensitive to liquid carbons and will make them melt.

So java moss would melt?

So java moss would melt?

Java moss isn't fond of liquid carbon but I've never had it melt. It just slows growth down the more liquid carbon you use at least that's how it's always been in my tanks. I actually liked the slower growth as it couldn't take over the tank!

Back
Top Bottom