Can I get dwarf baby tears to carpet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gfddser

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys, I recently order 5 pots of dwarf baby tears and I was hoping I could get them to carpet my planted 37 gallon tank.

I have 4 25w 6700k high output bulbs t5
Fluval 88g pressurized co2 kit.
And I nourish with with some liquid plant nutrient thing that I can give the exact name of when I get home.
Ecocomplete and sand

Could I get it to carpet with this, or do I need something else to help it.

Will take pictures of the tank when I get home as well.

With high lights and CO2 you really need to look into get dry ferts and dosing either El or PPS-Pro. With dry ferts you will be supplying your plants with all the macro and micro nutrients they need under these conditions.

This is what I use... PPS-Pro | Aquarium Fertilizer | Green Leaf Aquariums

Here's a good thead about PPS-Pro dosing... Newbie Guide to PPS-Pro - PPS Analysis and Feedback - Aquatic Plant Central

Here's one for El dosing...
Estimative Index Dosing Guide - Fertilizing - Aquatic Plant Central

You should be able to grow the HC. When you get it you need to split your pots up in small penny or dime size sections and then plant them in a checker board pattern. This will allow them to fill in better.

If those are T5NO, I think you might be a bit disappointed with the amount of light you have, and you'll be going through 88g cartridges for your CO2 at a pretty good clip. Rivercat's points are all valid as well. That being said, I think you might be able to grow HC with this setup (and ferts), assuming the things I mentioned don't set you back.

image-2167526798.jpg Tank

image-2945305008.jpg Light

image-725676221.jpg liquid nutrients

And I recently bought the 88g co2 kit and thought the same thing about changing the cartilage thing. I'll probably end up buying 5 or so just to have when needed.

image-3933930721.jpg

Tank with HC in it. How long before I should see some growth?

Back
Top Bottom