Can I use the 'Graffiti' Method for growing moss with Weeping & Coral moss?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drakine

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I am getting started on a new tank and my goal is to have 2 different types of moss growing in, Weeping moss (vesicularia ferrieri) and coral moss (Riccardia Chamedryfolia). and I want one of them to grow on some half coconuts I have with husk still on, and the other to grow on some driftwood I have.

So my question is, could I use the method in the below video to paint it on the driftwood/coconuts and just do a dry start method until its grown, or do I need to tie it on there with sewing thread and let it grow like that?

The graffiti method:

Just looked at the video.

I wouldn't use the absorbing things from baby diaper unless it was going to stay dry /not UNDER water, like a terrarium.

Hi, take a look this article in Aquarium Hobbyist Magazine. As you can see I have mention there that mosses with poorly develeoped rhizoides such as Weeping moss should be avoided. Riccardia sp. can be used this way.

The article is pretty detailed but if you have any specific question feel free to ask.

Thank you!! This is exactly the answer I was looking for. I did end up keeping the weeping moss whole and instead attached it with fishing line

Back
Top Bottom