Can plants be potted in substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maltimomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want live plants in my tanks which have gravel. I've found some 2" aquarium pots for plants and now I'm trying to figure out what substrate to use in the pots (if thats possible), and will the plants live and grow in pots. Need help before I start.:banghead::banghead::thanks:

I have never done the potted plant thing, but there are plants that do not use the substrate anything but to sit in. Try anacharis, and moss balls are really cool too!

i have lots of plants in my tank and all i have is a gravel substrate. most plants can be planted directly in the gravel. just make sure you don't bury the plant too deep. just scratch some of the gravel back, place the plants roots in the gravel and cover the roots just enough to anchor the plant. that's all that's to it. i have all low light plants that do well without too much bother. java fern, java moss, nanas and moss balls. i agree with freshwatertropical. moss balls rule! i have 3 small and 2 large moss balls and i love them.

this picture is kinda old. about 6 months ago. i have alot more plants and they are alot bigger now.

well there is some plants that dont do well on a pot in the long run, i use sand but ive seen ppl using dirt and gravel and aslong as u use fertilizers they should do good in gravel might be slower growth rate but they will do better than in the pot IMO

Back
Top Bottom