Can Staurogyne repens grow in low lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass95

Aquarium Advice Freak
I will be planting star repens in ADA aqua soil, dosing excel, flourish and flourish Trace. However, my lighting is low light and I want to create a carpet. Will the plant be able to grow and create the carpet?

The low light will cause problems for it. Im no plant expert so hopefully others will chime in as well. But it takes good solid lighting, as well for it to carpet. Thats my experience.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The low light will cause problems for it. Im no plant expert so hopefully others will chime in as well. But it takes good solid lighting, as well for it to carpet. Thats my experience.

Thank you for your opinion.

mine grew upwards until i upped the ante on the light, lol. then it started carpeting wonderfully.

What's your lighting and ar what height?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The tank is a 5 gallon and height is 9.5 in without substrate. I will be adding at least 2 in of substrate. The lighting is a white LED that came with the tank.

You could upgrade the lighting for $40. On that shallow of a tank I'd say you may just could have a chance with all the extra goodies you're using. a finnex stingray or current sat plus should put you in the winners circle.

Motivation;)

Attachments

• 1435699831139.jpg
    1435699831139.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 175
Will this finnex lighting work?

Attachments

• 1435700750259.jpg
    1435700750259.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 109
You should have ended that with young grasshopper.

So if I get the finnex clip, I will have dose more excel and ferts? Would seachem flourish and Trace be good till I get dry ferts?

So if I get the finnex clip, I will have dose more excel and ferts? Would seachem flourish and Trace be good till I get dry ferts?

Hi Cass,those are my suggestions...keep an eye on things,watch for algae&suggested the dry ferts because they'll be so much cheaper in the long run. Best of luck to ya Cass....

sit in silence...

Back
Top Bottom