Can you tell me WHAT PLANTS ARE THESE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishingBuds

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know the lucky bamboo is there and a Ludwig but idk about the rest.
I have this name tags but I can't relate (ofc i know the blue name tag plant already) but if someone could help me, I would like to give the plants the best/proper quality of life so they can grow even more, they are doing fine but all of them have some small hole spots, i believe caused by potassium deficiency.

Also I would like to know if I can cut the bigger one on the left to replant the part, so I have more plants in there, like a farm of plants hahaha

Thank you guys [emoji106]IMG-20200514-WA0059.jpg20200514_144602.jpgScreenshot_20200525-022252_WhatsApp.jpg

I know the lucky bamboo is there and a Ludwig but idk about the rest.
I have this name tags but I can't relate (ofc i know the blue name tag plant already) but if someone could help me, I would like to give the plants the best/proper quality of life so they can grow even more, they are doing fine but all of them have some small hole spots, i believe caused by potassium deficiency.

Also I would like to know if I can cut the bigger one on the left to replant the part, so I have more plants in there, like a farm of plants hahaha

Thank you guys [emoji106]View attachment 316785View attachment 316786View attachment 316787

Outside of the bamboo and ludwigia, you have giant hygro (temple plant), and what looks like emersed form amazon swords. The sword plants' appearance overtime will change as they transition into their aquatic growth form. I see that you are using a stock hood light built into the lid. Oftentimes these lights are ineffective at growing plants. I think the best investment someone looking to have a nice planted tank can make is to purchase an adequate light. Everything in planted tanks is predicated on sufficient lighting in order to be successful. A lot of times people new to the hobby are frustrated by plants because they are lacking the right light and don't even know it. I would look into the finnex planted plus fixture. They are pretty affordable for their performance and you will enjoy the results in your tank. Pin holes are indicative of a lack of proper fertilization. Fertilizing the water column is the best way to ensure your plants have the right nutrients to grow. Pick up a good all in one aquarium fertilizer like thrive, aquarium co-op easy green, or seachem flourish. A few squirts a week and your plants will appreciate it. I know that is a lot of info all at once, so if you have any more questions definitely continue to ask!

First, thank you
Second, I would never recuse more information than requested hahahaha

I started dosing my tank with seachem plant pack lvl1 about 3 weeks ago (plus I added a co2 mini kit) cause I noticed the plants were dying, and now plants are more green, bigger and started showing different color I've never seen in the last months, also they have less holes and no more brown/yellow coloration. But still with tiny small holes.

However Im using aqueon substrate but I'm looking for a better one cause that one doesn't seems to work...(for shrimps and plants as said in the package)

About the light, im looking for the red and blue led and ill definitely check your tips and references, thank you.

What about propagation? Can I cut the hygro Polysperma anywhere and plant it? (The big one on the left) it is growing roots from everywhere, not only in the substrate and my fish kinda enjoy it, specially dojo loach, always digging them out and resting on them. My angel fish eats some parts of the leaves. They love this specific plant so I want to givem more if my setup allows it.

Thank you again

Edit: I added the lucky bamboo to help with nitrates correct me if I'm wrong
Outside of the bamboo and ludwigia, you have giant hygro (temple plant), and what looks like emersed form amazon swords. The sword plants' appearance overtime will change as they transition into their aquatic growth form. I see that you are using a stock hood light built into the lid. Oftentimes these lights are ineffective at growing plants. I think the best investment someone looking to have a nice planted tank can make is to purchase an adequate light. Everything in planted tanks is predicated on sufficient lighting in order to be successful. A lot of times people new to the hobby are frustrated by plants because they are lacking the right light and don't even know it. I would look into the finnex planted plus fixture. They are pretty affordable for their performance and you will enjoy the results in your tank. Pin holes are indicative of a lack of proper fertilization. Fertilizing the water column is the best way to ensure your plants have the right nutrients to grow. Pick up a good all in one aquarium fertilizer like thrive, aquarium co-op easy green, or seachem flourish. A few squirts a week and your plants will appreciate it. I know that is a lot of info all at once, so if you have any more questions definitely continue to ask!

First, thank you
Second, I would never recuse more information than requested hahahaha

I started dosing my tank with seachem plant pack lvl1 about 3 weeks ago (plus I added a co2 mini kit) cause I noticed the plants were dying, and now plants are more green, bigger and started showing different color I've never seen in the last months, also they have less holes and no more brown/yellow coloration. But still with tiny small holes.

However Im using aqueon substrate but I'm looking for a better one cause that one doesn't seems to work...(for shrimps and plants as said in the package)

About the light, im looking for the red and blue led and ill definitely check your tips and references, thank you.

What about propagation? Can I cut the hygro Polysperma anywhere and plant it? (The big one on the left) it is growing roots from everywhere, not only in the substrate and my fish kinda enjoy it, specially dojo loach, always digging them out and resting on them. My angel fish eats some parts of the leaves. They love this specific plant so I want to givem more if my setup allows it.

Thank you again

Edit: I added the lucky bamboo to help with nitrates correct me if I'm wrong

Sounds like you are on the right path with the ferts. In my experience temple is very prone to getting some holes in the leaves without absolutely optimal fert conditions so I would not be too worried about that. Another thing you could look into is to start using root tabs underneath your sword plants. They are heavy root feeders and would appreciate the substrate fertilization. The substrate is probably fine. Really all you need is just something to plant in and as long as you are dosing adequate ferts and light, things work themselves out. This is especially true with many lower demand plants like the ones you have. Do propagate the temple, just cut below a leaf node and plant the newly trimmed stem into the gravel. it should develop roots within a week. Also, you are spot on with the bamboo. Most people plant it entirely submersed which is wrong. The way you have half above half below is perfect.

Sounds like you are on the right path with the ferts. In my experience temple is very prone to getting some holes in the leaves without absolutely optimal fert conditions so I would not be too worried about that. Another thing you could look into is to start using root tabs underneath your sword plants. They are heavy root feeders and would appreciate the substrate fertilization. The substrate is probably fine. Really all you need is just something to plant in and as long as you are dosing adequate ferts and light, things work themselves out. This is especially true with many lower demand plants like the ones you have. Do propagate the temple, just cut below a leaf node and plant the newly trimmed stem into the gravel. it should develop roots within a week. Also, you are spot on with the bamboo. Most people plant it entirely submersed which is wrong. The way you have half above half below is perfect.
Thank you ma man

Back
Top Bottom