Carpet plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangepunkins

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need a carpeting plant that requires no co2 to help it along. Anyone know of any? I have tried the grass (I think it's called hair grass???) no luck growing that. Please advise me of what to look for.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Narrow leaf chain sword

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

S. Repens is kind of a pain, constant trim and replant since it doesnt really spread, it just gets side shoots.

Also, if you cant grow hair grass, you might not have enough light to penetrate the substrate anyway. Just my 2 cents.

I agree abt the easiest abd best bet also fairly cheap too would be Dwarf sag for your parameters but I would try to find better lighting.

it would help though if you were to tell us what size tank you have and what lighting?

for simple setup I would suggest this light its inexspensive (for aquarium lighting) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GU4RMC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 and on my 40B its super duty lighting. I use 2 bulbs only for lights for growing and the other 2 I use moonlight lighting since 2 6400k lights still puts me at high 12 inches off my substrate and had to turn them down to fight off algae and i am dosing co2

Back
Top Bottom