Carpet suggestions for 20 gallon long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toaduck

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have sand substrate, diy co2, dosing pps, and a current usa satellite led plus.

I've recently heard marselia minuta, dhg, dwarf sag, and a few others. What are your recommendations for what I have based on experience? I've been told by some to not even try because I don't have a good substrate. Need advice.

You can grow water wisteria as a carpet if put it on its side not sure exactly how, i've never done it but I know its a hardy undemanding plant, just a suggestion.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My favorite is Staurogynes repens. It grew well in a 20g long with DIY CO2, Finnex FugeRay, and PPS Pro dry ferts.
Below is a pic of some plants that can be grown in the foreground (left to right): Downoi, AR mini, Star repens
hpgrzlG.png

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ranalisma rostrata is a pretty easy and underrated option in the right conditions. It grows like crazy in my medium light co2 injected tank.

My favorite is Staurogynes repens. It grew well in a 20g long with DIY CO2, Finnex FugeRay, and PPS Pro dry ferts.
Below is a pic of some plants that can be grown in the foreground (left to right): Downoi, AR mini, Star repens
hpgrzlG.png

I second the s. repens in low tech. Super easy to grow and carpets fast if you stay on top of trimming and replanting.

I second that as well. S. Repens looks great and is easy to grow. Like others had said, stay on top of trimming or else it'll form a bush.

Sent with my fingers

Back
Top Bottom