Centerpiece plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ketso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like your opinions on a decent centerpiece plant for a 55g (low to med-low light). So far, I am planning on stocking with the more typical low and med-low light plants. I'm not sure I really "need" a centerpiece though. I found a piece of really cool driftwood that will probably draw ones eye more than a plant could.

What do you think? Suggestions are free and I'll take as many as you want to give. :D

A sword makes a really nice center piece, if that's what you are after. An Ozelot or red melon sword is a nice eye catcher, but take up a fair amount of room.

A piece of driftwood covered in moss and ferns would also make a nice center piece.

i don't think a madagascar lace would do well in low light. i also vote for a sword, or a big crypt beckettii if you can find one, they get huge.

I like the Madagascar Lace, but I agree that the low light would not do well for that plant. A nice piece of driftwood with some Java Fern would be nice.

I will also vote for the amazon sword. In a low-light environment, it won't grow to biblical proportions. You will also get new plants from runners after a while.

Back
Top Bottom