Check out my plant!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MSU Fan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Over Christmas, I purchased a tiger lotus from an LFS in Michigan. I planted it in my 75g, but it seemed like someone had been chewing on the leaves and the plant had died.

when I re-aquascaped last month, I uncovered the bulb buried in the sand, and re-planted it just to see what would happen...

Well, it happened - a week and a half ago, I could not see this plant (the bulb was semi-under a crypt), and now 1.5 weeks later, the stem has reached the surface and the biggest leaves are ~5" long!

How many fish can you count?
img_789025_0_b872c3cd3454031fc2280e68fdbbab46.jpg

Another shot of the lotus!
img_789025_1_21e3d8d4f17e7e78fbe093fd7b39d4e6.jpg
[/img]

Ketso said:
Well, I counted 18. Possibly 19. cant tell if that is a tail or not about half way up on the left side.

good job, Ketso! I can't really tell if it is a fish or not on the left side, either! You win a dose of self gratification! Congratulations! :wink:

19 possibly 20.

I think you missed the one on the left in the plant, or the yoyo above the crypt.

March050.jpg

Dark red on the left is questionable.

LOL, everyone counting (and circling fish).

Love your rock wall background. And the lotus is beautiful. And the fish too.

I love those lotus plants. Very easy, and you can make 'em bushy or top-floaty. Plus, they are pretty and about the only plant with reddish/speckled colors that I can grow in my light.

Hey-how do you do that circling thing?

Wizzard~Of~Ozz said:
I used Paint, with the Ellipse tool. I was just amazed that out of 24 fish in MSU's Sig., 19 are in a single picture.

err - I may need to update my sig a bit...

Back
Top Bottom