Cherry or Amano Shrimp & Apistos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindaC

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can either of these shrimp coexist with Apistogrammas? I'd love to get some for my 10 gallon newly established planted tank but do have a pair of Apistogramma trifasciatas being delivered to me this weekend.

I know that they cannot exist with Blue Rams, at least not as babies!

Thanks in advance for any help!
Linda

German Blue rams are apistos. They all share the same common habits and picking at shrimp is one of them. This is only based on what keeper's have suggested and YMMV if you decide to try them. The problem is that they resemble insects as far as the apistos are concerned.

That's what I thought, just wanted to double check. Yes I know that apistos are dwarf chiclids as are blue rams but I had once heard that if fish and shrimp grow up together, they will get along and the fish will not eat the shrimp and because the apistos are juveniles, I was curious. Someday I will get a tank to just house shrimp, they are intriguing little creatures.

Thank you!
Linda

I have apistos cacatoides AND cherry shrimp (well one) and amano s hrimp.. several adn they are fine.

the rummy nose tetras are worse than the cacs

Back
Top Bottom