Cholla wood preparation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImBettaThanCool

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got some cholla wood and I was wondering if it mattered how long I boiled them for. I was planning on boiling them for 20 mins and then leaving them in a bucket of water for a day or 2. Is that ok?

All I do is rinse them off and put them in the tank. Boiling will weaken the delicate wood, causing it to break apart faster than normal.

I use and sell it - rinse and plop it in . It will float for awhile for a day or so then it will sink

Thanks for the answers! I really thought I would have to boil it and then water log it and have to do a lot to get it ready

I just rinsed mine with water, tied it to a rock with thread, glued anubias plants to it and placed it in. Never had an issue.

I let it sit in a bowl of water for a day or 2 to water log it. It will sink. I then like to stuff cholla logs with moss and recently I have placed Bucephalandra cuttings through the slits with Marimo moss packed in as well

Back
Top Bottom