Cichlid capable plants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMantelli

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wandering if anyone out there has or has seen a good list of plant profiles that are good plants for a cichlid tank. Ea: fast growing, strong, hardy or whatever makes up a good cichlid plant. Beck if this thread works out mabey I'll compile the list myself and even add the plants profiles into it and make it into an article. Actually if I get enough good awnsers I'll promise to all y'all who help that I will do a list of cichlid friendly plant profiles.

What kind of cichlid? Some are vegetarian and the only plants that can be in their tank that they won't try to munch on are anubias and java fern. But, other cichlids could care less about what is in there and still others who would uproot anything planted.

right now my tank is poorly stocked but am working on making it an all male mixed peacock tankmabey but im just looking for a list of plants people have had success with while having destructive fish in the tank

Well I can't tell what I success with but I can tell you what happened when my African cichlids (Mbuna's, peacocks and 1 tropheous hit bigger and started to mature. All my plants, Anubias and java fern become toys/dinner and they started to shred them to pieces! Making a mess of my tank and clogging my filter.

Needless to say I took whatever was left out. I wasted ALOT of many as I had so may Anubias. There's pics of my plants tank in my album.

Aww man that sucks mabey I should change this to plant friendly Africans and I'm gonna try the ei dosing schedule since there's only 2 plants I have a 55 should I dose it for a tank size smaller

Back
Top Bottom