Cleaning contradiction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philly33

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've always been told to move certain items when cleaning/vacuuming. My 90g is heavily planted. Nothing in my tank can be moved without total disruption. Please advise?

I personally am in the if it aint broke dont fix it camp, just do the best you can, again IMHO, I would however do more aggressive PWCs to compensate, just an idea

Thanks everyone. I'll just keep spot cleaning with my 3/4" hose.

dont vacuum the substrate itself, move the cleaner above the substrate to kick up anything into the water, then suck it up when it's free floating.

Ziggs- I currently do that but how can I remove dust/dirt on the plants without making a huge mess? When my siamensis run through a plant it's nothing but debris.

I have a similar issue, but it depends on the plant. usually i just let my amano Shrimp and Bristlenose clean the plants. If you have large leafed plants like an Amazon Sword, you could just vaccum the leaf itself. smaller thinner ones like Anacharis or some Vals, i wouldn't touch.

Back
Top Bottom