Cleaning up Java moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KTpoopenstein

Aquarium Advice Freak
I let aquascaping get away from me for a while and my Java moss is a mess. A lot of it has died back and there's a lot of associated debris, but it's all sort of mixed in with the healthy bits and trying to gravel-vac it out just sucks up everything and doesn't really accomplish much. Any suggestions? Critters/inverts that might do the job for me more efficiently?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434138845.598849.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What's the tank stocked with? Some shrimp like red cherry or amano, appreciate moss and would most likely help clean up the debris you're talking about. Otherwise there are snails but they will only become a pest and why solve one issue by creating another .

I have like 6 or 8 neon tetras. They like to hide under the driftwood and dart away anytime I try to get a good look so I'm not 100% sure. I've had them for a while so I don't remember how many I got originally...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I should add that I do have two assassin snails hanging out in a spare tank from a previous issue with pest snails, so a snail problem could be addressed pretty easily! If they hadn't killed two of my nerites (I still have one) I'd throw them back in my main tank but they're true to their name!

Well I'd suggest shrimp then see what you can get either amanos or red cherry are the easiest and most common. I think you'll also enjoy and appreciate shrimp more.

Back
Top Bottom