Cleanup Crew for planted 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankerJs

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am trying to decide what the best cleanup crew for a heavily planted 10g is, any ideas? Right now I have several aponogeton bulbs growing, a long string of anacharis, and I plan to add a few anubias, java ferns and java moss. I would also like a small foreground plant. Any ideas for that? They sell baby tears and dwarf baby tears in pots at a local pet store, whould those be good foreground plants?

For a cleanup crew I suggest amano or cherry shrimp as long as you don't have any fish in there big enough to eat them. As far as a foreground plant, you might want to look into the baby tears. It is fairly easy to grow depending on your light. The dwarf baby tears needs good light and co2/ferts to thrive. I would also recommend marsilea (four leaf clover) species.

I'm really having a tough time deciding between 3 otos or 1 clown pleco right now. The other tank mates will probably be a school of 6 harlequin rasboras and 3 endler/guppy hybirds (males). I also plan to have a few MTS and Ramshorn snails, and maybe one other thing.

A 10 is not really big enough for one oto, much less three. You'll have serious issues providing enough food for them. 10g isn't big enough for a pleco either. Rather than shoehorning in a cleaning crew, address the root causes of your algae issues.

HC will need good light and good co2.

I'm not into the whole co2 thing, and I'm planning on supplementing the otos diet with zuc. Three would be fine with the zuc 2 times a week, right?

Back
Top Bottom