Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Cloudy Flourish?

I just started a new bottle of Flourish comprehensive, which I use for dosing iron/traces. This new bottle seems very different from the first one I had. The liquid is much more transparent and yellowish (vs. dark brown for the first bottle) and it seems to be clouding the water significantly for like a half hour after dosing. I've tried shaking the bottle well, with no difference. Anyone ever run across this? Should I throw out the bottle?

Old 05-05-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

*Pssst - Greg Watson's Dry Ferts Page. Cheaper in the long run.

To answer your question, I've never tried the product but if it's clouding on you I'd say it's not a good batch.

Old 05-05-2007, 06:42 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to David14259
Hum, I used the Flourish products for a while and never encounted what you're describing.

I also made the switch to greg watson's ferts and its def. worth it.

My Tank: 20 Gallon Freshwater High Tech Planted
My Plants: Dwarf Sagittaria, Riccia, Crypt Lutea, Rotala Macandra, Corkscrew Val, Blyxa Japonica, Ambulia, Anubias Nana, Flame Moss, Christmas Moss, Echinodorus Parviflorus.
My Fish: 1 German Gold Ram, 3 Praecox Rainbows, 1 Otocinclus Catfish, 1 Siamese Algae Eater, 1 Rummynose Tetra, 4 Cherry Barbs
My Inverts: Ramshorn Snails, Apple Snails.
David14259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah, I actually have dry ferts, but I had bought a couple bottles of Flourish before I heard about Greg Watson, and I saw no reason to let them go to waste. In the case of this particular bottle, of course, now I do.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

It's normal for a new bottle to have a pale yellowish brown coloration when first opened. By the time it's used up the color will have darkened to the dark brown you are used to.

As far as the clouding goes, that sounds rather unusual. I would recommend checking with Seachem and see what they say. If they decide it's bad they may send you a new bottle.
Purrbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:09 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I agree with Purrbox about the color of the solution, it is common for a new bottle to be lighter in color then the older bottle, but have never had it cloud my tank water, Check with seachem

drobertson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud, cloudy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com