Cloudy water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philip99

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have been recently faced with this problem of cloudy water. All my levels are normal and the fish seem to be doing fine. I have been recently doing large water changes (50%) to try to resolve this problem.
Here are the specs
55 gallon tank
2 t5 HO lights 1 1000k and 1 blue light
Fluval c4 HOB filter
200 watt heater
Please help with this problem

image-1234441228.jpg

Here is a picture of the cloudy water.

how old is the tank. That is a very nice filter you have on there!

Okay, has anything changed with what you are doing with the tank?

I had the same issue in my tank after a it had been set up a few months, just keep up with the regular water changes and one day the water will stay clear...I didn't think it would ever happen in my tank but it did and now my water is fab..only downside I can now see all the marks on the tank = more cleaning lol

Sometimes when you clean out your filter, you get a bacterial bloom shortly thereafter since alot of beneficial bacteria reside on the filter paid. Usually, people here don't recommend changing your filter pad until its falling apart. Even then, make sure you place the new filter pad infront of the old one so you get some bacteria transfer.

Talvari said:
Sometimes when you clean out your filter, you get a bacterial bloom shortly thereafter since alot of beneficial bacteria reside on the filter paid. Usually, people here don't recommend changing your filter pad until its falling apart. Even then, make sure you place the new filter pad infront of the old one so you get some bacteria transfer.

So what would you recommend in doing to get rid of the water?

Just keep doing your partial water changes... It will clear up on its own.

Talvari said:
Just keep doing your partial water changes... It will clear up on its own.

Could adding new carbon help with clearing up the water considering that I've been using that same stuff for 4 months

I tried that and it doesn't work don't waste your money lots and lots of water changes will help

If its a bacterial bloom, adding carbon most likely won't do anything.

Ahh okay got it! I would recommend doing weekly water changes of 25-30 percent. Making sure when adding back the clean water that it is treated with a product like Prime or Stress Coat, and that you add it slowly. You can do a mini water change every day, but I am not sure how big your tank is. (i'm sorry if you mentioned it on the other page.)

xtra51 said:
Ahh okay got it! I would recommend doing weekly water changes of 25-30 percent. Making sure when adding back the clean water that it is treated with a product like Prime or Stress Coat, and that you add it slowly. You can do a mini water change every day, but I am not sure how big your tank is. (i'm sorry if you mentioned it on the other page.)

Is a 55 gallon tank

Back
Top Bottom