Cloudy Water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 36 gal planted tank and had asked a question earlier about driftwood that is leeching into the water making it tinted slightly tea-colored. I've tested the water, all is well and plants are growing, fish are happy-however, my water is a little cloudy. It looks like a bacterial bloom but I can't imagine what would have started that. Does anyone have any ideas as to why the water would be cloudy? The tint I can understand with the tannins leeching out, but the cloudiness?
Thanks-D

How long has your tank been set up? Have you added more fish recently? Did you change out anything in your filter?

My tank was brand new 3 weeks ago and I had tried to seed it with a little filter from my Chi tank. So the filter was new, and yes I added a few fish, but very small so I would think the bio load would be minimal, but I'm still learning.

It's actually very common for tanks to get cloudy during the cycling process without any particular cause. They almost always clear up in a matter of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom